- 15 hours per week Mon-Fri 9am – 12pm (flexible start time: 8.30 – 9.30am)
- 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata
- £10 per hour
There is a job vacancy for a Business Support Manager at Bristol Nordic Walking, an expanding, professional fitness company on Gloucester Road, Bristol.
The part-time role of Business Support Manager is both different and fun and could be either purely office based or part home/office based.
Bristol Nordic Walking is a small business and likes to try new things, therefore the role of Business Support Manager would be to keep the company organised and running smoothly, and the successful applicant would play a big part in customer care.
Bristol Nordic Walking started in 2010 with one instructor and in 2018 has grown to 9 instructors, running 34 walks every week and expanding into courses and holidays.
The constantly changing and growing business means the role of Business Support Manager would always be varied, interesting and bring new challenges. One of your main duties will be to streamline the company’s current processes so you’ll need to enjoy organisation and love getting to grips with detail.
This role has excellent potential in the future. As well as being the stabilising force that keeps the club running smoothly, your role may grow into much more. You will be taught all about Nordic walking so you are confident to talk with clients (although you don’t have to be into fitness) and if the company continues to expand, you will be needed to manage more staff that come on board.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got all the skills Bristol Nordic Walking require, it is more important that you enjoy customer care and share the company’s values – that exercise should be fun, inclusive and friendly – but you don’t have to be into fitness yourself.
You must, however, be happy to work with detail (as the directors aren’t!).
The Bristol Nordic Walking team are friendly and forward-thinking and look forward to welcoming a new member of the team to help the company streamline, improve and expand.
Don’t be afraid to apply – they would love to hear from you.
Job Role and Duties:
- You’ll be the main point of contact for customers in regard to general queries, bookings and customer satisfaction.
- You’ll manage the online booking system to ensure a smooth customer experience, adding events and bookings and helping with customer retention strategies.
- Streamlining our business by creating systems, processes and training manuals, plus ensuring compliance with data protection regulations and insurance requirements.
- Working closely with instructors.
- Posting on our social media platforms.
- Marketing, PR and customer retention.
- Working with customers and instructors to ensure our scenic walks, workshops, courses and holidays run smoothly.
- You’ll be the support structure that keeps the company afloat!
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. You must enjoy dealing with the public as you will be the first point of contact.
- You must enjoy being highly organised and have good attention to detail.
Good basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook.
- Good general computer literacy
- You are happy to make decisions and are self-driven. You will be working closely with one of the company’s owners and by yourself.
- You may be asked to attend occasional ad-hoc events such as club socials or team training out of working hours.
The first 10 weeks will be a trial period. The start date would be anytime between now and September.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call her on 07886885213 for more information. Successful applicants will be called in for an interview.
For more information about Bristol Nordic Walking please visit https://www.bristolnordicwalking.co.uk/.