Postnatal Yoga for Mother and Baby: Yogawest
Postnatal yoga classes for mothers with babies offer a nurturing space to heal and regain strength after birth.
Through the yoga practice, reconnect with your body, enjoy a space to rest and re-energise; and the great bit is you can bring your baby so you don’t need a babysitter. Taught by Charlotte Hunt.
You can join the postnatal class when your baby is around 6-8 weeks. The first 6 weeks are for rest after birth to give space, rest and plenty of bonding time for mother and baby.
If you are at all concerned about returning or beginning yoga practise after having a baby consult your GP for advice.
The benefits of postnatal yoga are many and include:
– encourages good breathing awareness
– develops patience and inner-calm
– strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
– releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
– helps to improve posture
– decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
– rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
– provides an opportunity to connect with other parents
- Tuesdays, 3 – 4pm
- Dates Oct 31, Nov 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5, 12
- Booking form on Yogawest webpage
- Yogawest, Denmark Place, Bishopston BS7 8NW
- Tel: 0117 924 3330
- Visit http://www.yogawest.co.uk/