Below is a list of weekly term-time activities for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in BS35. Please contact groups prior to visiting to confirm they are running on that day.
Two by Two: Thornbury Baptist Church
A toddler group for parents/carers and young children that provides a loving and safe environment in which adults can get to know each other and can have fun with their young children. There is currently a waiting list.
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 9.45 – 11.15am
- Small charge payable per session
- Thornbury Baptist Church, Gillingstool, BS35 2EG
- Contact: 01454 419118 / email@example.com
Easter Compton Toddlers: Easter Compton Village Hall
Lots of toys, plus seasonal craft activities. Refreshments provided, including fresh fruit.
- 10 – 11.30am (term-time only)
- Easter Compton Village Hall, Main Road, Easter Compton, BS35 5SJ
- Tel. 07970 133 115
St Mary’s Church Hall Toddler Group: Thornbury
A relaxed and friendly playgroup for 0-4s with crafts, snack, story and songs each week. Tea, coffee and biscuits for parents/carers.
- 10 – 11.30am, term-time
- First session free, thereafter £2 first child, 50p per additional child
- St mary’s Church Hall, Eastbury Rd, Thornbury BS35 1DR
Pilning Toddlers: Trinity Hall, Pilning
- 10am – 12 noon (term-time only)
- Trinity Hall, Redwick Road, Pilning, BS35 4LU
- Tel. 0800 2346 346
Pebbles Toddler Group: Emmaus Church Centre, Severn Beach
A toddler group which offers crafts, songtime, snack and if the weather is fine, outdoor play.
- 10am – 12 noon
- Emmaus Church Centre, 2 Gorse Cover Road, Severn Beach, BS35 4NP
Developed with the help of speech and language professionals and recommended by experts, Sing and Sign is the original British baby signing programme.
Babies use all kinds of signs and gestures as a natural part of learning to talk. Encouraging your baby with extra signs like milk, more, change nappy or tired will help your baby communicate! Baby signing with Sing and Sign is easy and fun and over the course your baby will learn around 150 signs. Your baby will recognise important words sooner and can use the signs to “talk” to you before speech.
- Stage Two: 10am & Stage One: 11am
- Turnberrie’s Community Centre, Bath Rd, Thornbury BS35 2BB
- Pre-booking on a term-time basis is required
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Debutots: Turnberries Community Centre, Thornbury New!
Debutots Family Story Play sessions are a unique blend of story, music, interactive language games, bubbles, puppets and dramatic play. They are fantastic for nurturing language and communication skills as well as self confidence. Family Story Play Sessions are inclusive and suitable for parents, carers and little ones aged 6 months to 4 years.
- Starts 5th Jan, 2018, 1.30 – 2.20pm (term-time)
- Turnberries Community Centre, Bath Rd, Thornbury BS35 2BB
- Contact Geri: Phone 0117 325 7801 / Email email@example.com@debutots.co.uk