Children don’t arrive with an exact manual on how to bring them up; toddlers are no exception and can be a real challenge. Start 2019 with a positive intention to have more fun, connection, and calmness at home with this parenting workshop with Catherine Coulter from Bristol Child Parent Support.
Research shows that a secure parent child connection is a predictor for preventing mental health issues later in life. Invest in your family’s wellbeing by attending this workshop suitable for parents of toddlers ages 1- preschool 3/4.
You will learn:
– some simple neuroscience regarding your toddler’s developing emotional brain and normal child development
– why your toddler can’t control themselves sometimes
– your toddler’s Temperament and developing attachment style and how to work with it not against it
– gentle and calm techniques to manage difficult situations and big feelings ( the different types of tantrums and other behaviours such as biting, hitting, throwing and Separation Anxiety)
– Confidence and more empowerment in trusting your instincts for you to tackle everyday challenges and set limits whilst maintaining your calm.
– The art of play, the power of praise, and rewards to promote safe, secure attachments and relationships and play which promotes fun and joy.
– Ask questions and share with other parents in a safe space
No more than 9 parents attend (parents only) so the workshop will be small and intimate (a smaller group enables parents to ask questions, share and feel safe). Payment is in advance and there are no refunds but tickets can be transferred for another party anytime. There are no creche facilities – this workshop is for parents only.
- Time 9.30 coffee and teas to start 9.45 am-12.30pm
- Cost: £50 per person ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts included
- Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
- More details