- Organiser: Catherine Coulter from Bristol Child Parent Support
- Part 1: Friday 21st September 2018
- Part 2: Friday 12th October 2018
- Time: 10am-12.30pm
- Place: Muller House, Ashley Down, BS7
Anxiety can rule not only your child’s life, but it can rule your life as well.
Do you find yourself:
Walking on eggshells around your child?
Avoiding things because you know it will cause your child anxiety and many more worries?
Noticing they have lots of tummy aches, headaches and physical symptoms?
Feeling powerless and unsure how to help?
Doesn’t want to be anxious
They want a good sleep
They don’t want to feel like that
You don’t deserve that, Your child doesn’t deserve that, they need skills, your child needs your help and you can help them.
The workshop draws upon Catherine Coulter’s 30 years in the NHS as a licensed practitioner working over 18 years in inpatient and outpatient settings (CAMHS) working with children, families, and parents with complex emotional and behavioral difficulties.
For the cost of a consultation, join Catherine from Bristol Child Parent Support at this two-part 5-hour workshop.
Part 1: Friday 21st of September, 10-12.30pm
- Understand some simple “brain based” parenting. The role of your amygdala, hippocampus and the way the stress response affects emotional regulation.
- Understand the avoidance cycle
- How to identify types of anxiety ( separation, generalised, OCD, social and Phobia’s) and what are normal developmental fears)
- Practise mindfulness and how to teach it to your child.
- Feel empowered with skills, you can do it!
- Lots of time to ask questions
Part 2: Friday 12th of October, 10-12.30pm
- How to talk about the anxiety and not collude with the anxiety and worries
- Understand the importance of self-soothing
- How to deescalate the anxiety
- Creative Skills to manage the anxiety
- How to teach your child self-talk
- How to implement some simple exposure work (we will be practising this in the group together)
This workshop is relevant for parents with children aged 3-12 and also for parents, educators, teachers and carers (this is a generalised workshop and your child and family may need an individualised treatment package, contact Catherine if you are unsure).
- Total Cost: £90 (non-refundable)
- Contact Catherine at catherine@bristolchildparentSupport.co.uk to book in advance
- Where: Muller House BS7 Bristol
- MORE DETAILS