‘Stop the Worry Cycle, Preventing Anxiety in Children’
A workshop with Catherine Coulter from Bristol Child Parent Support.
Date: Saturday 21st April
Time: 10am – 12 noon
Cost: £35 per person
Venue: Muller House, Ashley Down
The “Worry Cycle”, we all experience anxiety from time to time and it is perfectly normal.
While some anxiety and worry is appropriate and typical, at times it can become overwhelming for many adults and children. It affects our daily routines and relationships.
Research shows that the environment that our child lives in will have a huge impact on the way they manage emotions, Anxiety UK report that 59% of the population suffer from Generalised Anxiety. We know that 50% of mental health issues start before the age of 14.
Wouldn’t it be great to live in a society where we learn to understand and manage our emotions to prevent mental health problems?
Be a proactive parent, learn how to win the avoidance and worry cycle. Attend this taster workshop and learn how you can prevent and manage anxiety in your child. Learn simple neuroscience and evidenced based tips you can go home and use now.
Following this Workshop through request, Catherine will also will be offering a ‘Follow Up Putting into Practice Anxiety Workshop’ in May.
Please join ‘Stop the Worry Cycle, Preventing Anxiety in Children’ workshop to stop this worry cycle and:
- Understand anxiety.
- Understand some simple “brain based” parenting. The role of your amygdala, hippocampus and the way the stress response affects emotional regulation.
- How to use some simple cognitive behavioral strategies to prevent escalation of big feelings and avoidance
- Normal fears, anxieties and when to seek help.
- Take away evidenced based tips
- An opportunity to ask questions and learn from others in the group.
- Go home with some strategies so that you can respond to your child with compassion.
Catherine’s aims are to empower parents of all age groups in order for you participate in problem solving, tolerating discomfort and emotional management with your child. This is a taster workshop in a group setting and following it you may want to book an individualised consultation)
This is non-refundable and payment is in advance. Places are limited.