Join an expedition to discover and record as many different species of wildlife as possible in 24 hours and take part in lots of great free nature activities in this year’s Bristol BioBlitz!
BioBlitz is an annual free and family-friendly event organised by the Festival of Nature which offers activities suitable for children of all ages, plus opportunities for amateur naturalists and wildlife enthusiasts. It is completely free to join.
The event will run from 5pm on Friday 13th May to 5pm on Saturday 14th May and will take part in the wider grounds of Bristol’s new wildlife conservation park, Wild Place Project.
Activities include Pond Dipping, Butterfly Walks, Bug Hunting, Bat Walks and much more!
Here is a list of the free BioBlitz activities:
Friday 13th May
- 5 -6pm – Pond Dipping (booking required)
- 9 – 11pm – Brilliant Bats (booking required)
- 10 – 11.30pm – Moth Trap Tour (booking required)
Saturday 14th May
- ALL DAY 10am – 5pm – Drop into Base Camp for fun activities, arts and crafts!
- 6.30 – 8am – Early Birds and their Songs (booking required)
- 9.30 – 10.30am – Moth Release
- 11am – 12 noon – Bird Walk
- 11am – 12 noon – Butterfly Walk
- 11am – 12 noon – Pond Dipping
- 12 noon – 1pm – Wildflower Walk
- 12.30 – 1.30pm Pond Dipping
- 1 – 2pm – Bird Walk
- 2 – 3pm – Mammal Workshop
- 2 – 3pm – Bug Walk
- 2 – 3pm – Bee walk
- 3 – 4pm – Bug Walk
- 3 – 4pm – Spider Walk
- 3.30 – 4.30pm – Mammal Workshop
To book your free space click here. Enjoy yourselves!