Last week I discovered Yogurt Pizza: a revolutionary new way of making pizza!
The base made simply of self-raising flour and natural yogurt so it is quick, easy and healthy. You don’t need to fiddle around with weighing scales and working out exact amounts of ingredients, so it’s a great recipe if you are a busy parent.
You can see in this picture how the base turns out – just perfect 🙂
Plus, yogurt pizza is delicious – my children absolutely loved it! Ingredients below…
Ingredients for pizza base:
Ingredients for topping:
Anything else you wish: tomatoes, peppers, tuna, pineapple, ham, mushrooms, sweetcorn, olives, etc
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- To make pizza base use equal amounts of natural yogurt with self-raising flour. Simply continue to add self-raising flour to the mix until it is a dough suitable for kneading (I found I used quite a bit more flour than natural yogurt so maybe different types/brands of yogurt vary in consistency)
- After kneading, sprinkle some flour on surface and roll out dough to be about 1cm thick.
- Put pizza base into baking tray.
- Bake pizza base for 10 minutes.
- Take out pizza base and cover with tomato puree, cheese and whatever topping you wish.
- Pop back in oven for another 10 minutes or until done – this will take shorter or longer depending on how big your pizza is/how deep the base.
- Eat and enjoy!
I discovered the recipe for Yogurt Pizza on the Facebook group: Feed Yourself for £1 a day. It’s a great group to discover easy, healthy and cheap recipes!