This summer, Tobacco Factory Theatres is offering an exciting and unique opportunity for children and young people to take part in a week-long performance summer school delivered by highly experienced theatre makers.
From Sunday 23rd – Friday 28th July young people will spend six days at Tobacco Factory Theatres creating a brilliant show that they will perform to family and friends at the end of the week.
Working with professional directors, musicians, and choreographers, the days will be jam-packed and lots of fun!
Two summer schools will be offered – one for young people aged 13 – 19 and the other for 8 – 12 year olds.
Multiple practitioners will be working on each summer school and within each summer school.
The performing groups will be divided by age with participants spending most of their time working with others similar in age, for example 8 9 years, 10-12 years, 13-15 years and 16-19 years.
The theatre challenge for 8 – 12 year olds is all about Greek myths, Norse Gods, Vikings, beasts and heroes!
The older group will take on the musical myth of ORPHEUS. Working with actor musician experts, expect live music, bold theatre and lots of noise! Tobacco Factory Theatres is keen to hear from young actors as well as young musicians who might be interested in exploring music in theatre.
- Dates: Sun 23 – Fri 28 July 2017
- Ages: 8 – 19 years (working in groups divided by age)
- Cost: £150 (bursary places available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Venue: Tobacco Factory Theatres, Raleigh Rd, Southville, BS3 1TF
- More details on Summer Theatre Challenge for 8-12 year olds
- More details on Summer Theatre Challenge 13-19 year olds