Ghyston is an award-winning UK software development company based in central Bristol. Our aim is to help transform technically ambitious businesses into technically successful ones.
We are a team of passionate software development experts who love working really closely with our clients to create beautifully crafted software, such as stylish mobile apps, highly functional websites and complex ERP systems.
We are incredibly proud of our company culture at Ghyston. We place a huge emphasis on staff welfare, happiness, professional development and fulfilment. We benefit from a flat and open structure, promoting a well appreciated familial feel. In turn, this creates an inclusive working environment where all employees feel their voices can be heard.
Who do we need?
A highly organised and friendly finance and office administrator, who works well with a variety of different people, wanting to step into a varied role at an exciting, growing company.
This is a part time position of around 25 hours a week, which would be spread over 5 days.
General administration skills, including:
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and discretion
- A can-do attitude
- Interpersonal skills i.e. being helpful, productive, and positive
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to prioritise, work under own initiative and problem solve
- Competency in MS Office suite
- Previous office experience
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience working with Xero accounting software
What will you be doing?
- Facilities management including main point of contact for all maintenance including PAT testing, air conditioning service and office cleaning
- Health and safety, fire safety, hazard management including statutory compliance
- Waste and recycling management including organising removal of waste
- General office management including maintenance of printer/toners, and other office equipment
- Responsible for liaising with building manager, and for attending quarterly premises meetings
- Maintaining office correspondence and performing reception duties such as answering the phone, taking accurate messages and greeting visitorsEnsuring guests have a positive impression of the office, including co-ordination and preparation of meeting rooms
- Organisation of fortnightly ‘tea and cake’ staff information sessions
- Organising, filing and maintaining paper and electronic documentation
- Purchasing goods and services to support business activities including stationery, kitchen supplies and business needs
- Carrying out general administration tasks to agreed volumes and timescales
- Managing suppliers’ ledger including correspondence and inputting transactions into accounting software
- Debtor management including chasing outstanding debts
- Monitor company credit card spend, collate receipts and enter into accounting system
- Share responsibility for petty cash, including entering items on accounting system
- Help identify areas for improvement and help overhaul processes
- Engaging with personal development and training to improve skills and expertise
What do you get?
- A basic salary of £24,000 (full time equivalent)
- A 9% non-contributory pension and profit share scheme
- Flexible working times, including occasional remote working if required
- A highly relaxed, friendly work environment, free food and drink and a large chill-out room
- A full programme of funded social activities both during and outside office hours
- Highly effective, motivated and supportive team members
To apply for this position please visit