Anger Transformation Online Parent Workshop (for parents/carers of children aged 4-12)
When: Monday 24th May, 7-8.30pm (1 hour, 15 minutes talk, plus time for questions).
Where: Zoom webinar
Cost: £40 PayPal
Family life can be stressful at the best of times and even more so during the pandemic. Anger is a hard wired emotion and can’t be eliminated, It’s what we do with it that counts. Are you at the stage you’ve tried so many techniques and frankly feel tired and defeated?
Does your child:
- Scream at the shops because he/she can’t have something they want?
- Look at you with “the anger” in his eyes when you tell him/he wants to do?
- Often defy you even if it is a small request.
Join this one and a half hour interactive workshop and learn how to:
- Understand how to respond to the “big feelings” with presence, compassion, and wise parenting to enable everyone to “cool and calm down”. Children’s brains depend on relationships to build self-regulatory circuitry.
- End the cycle of screaming and shouting.
- Shift from Punitive parenting to Positive Discipline ( Creating strong empathic boundaries, rules, and limits).
NB. Remember self-control/regulation is a better predictor of academic success than IQ or SAT scores.
This workshop will be held by Catherine Coulter, child behaviour expert and founder of Bristol Child Parent Support. It is for parents and carers of children aged 4-12 years and will take place live (however, if you are unable to attend, a recording will be provided anyway).
A zoom webinar means you will be able to see and hear Catherine but remain private; she can’t see or hear you. However, you can communicate with Catherine by asking questions via Chatbox; this is not as interactive as Zoom Groups.
You can pay and register by clicking the link below (if you do not have a PayPal account, or feel uncomfortable registering online, do contact Catherine and she can do it manually for you).
Click here to register and Pay: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CtdJVRteTfqCyTa8cDTCXA
On booking you will be directed to a Zoom Registration page and should receive a confirmation email. You will also receive reminder emails the day and an hour prior to the workshop commencing. By booking this workshop, you accept the terms and conditions.
Subsidised places are available if you are struggling in the Pandemic; do contact Catherine via her contact page.