I thought I would share a simple pancake recipe with you in case you wanted to make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. This recipe makes 4 generous sized pancakes. Enjoy!
200g/8 oz flour
Pinch of salt
300ml /half pint of milk
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Put the flour and pinch of salt into a bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs to the flour, then gradually add the milk and mix it into a thickish batter. Beat well.
- Leave for a 1 hour in fridge. During this time the better may well thicken so you may need to add a tiny bit more milk.
- Add a little oil to a shallow non-stick frying pan and heat gently.
- Pour in enough of the batter to cover the base of frying pan and cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes until slightly brown, then turn the pancake (or toss if you are really in pancake mode!) and repeat on the other side.
- Add toppings – lemon, sugar, honey, chocolate, sultanas, chopped fruit or whatever you wish.
- Eat and enjoy!