On Saturday 16th November at Yanley Court, Complimentary Centre there will be a Positive Parenting for Toddlers Workshop with Catherine Coulter of Bristol Child Parent Support.
The workshop will be suitable for parents of toddlers ages 1-4 (not yet at school) and will help you to overcome the challenges of toddlerhood while nurturing your little one’s development with more confidence and ease.
Catherine now works in private practice but wants to share with you her 31 years in the NHS, and over 19 of those working in Specialist Services with children and families with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Like you, she is a mum too and survived all the ups and downs of parenting through all the transitions from baby to adulthood. She is passionate about empowering parents to transform their frustration, confusion, and doubt in their parenting into confidence and joy.
Right now, do any of the following statements ring true for you?
- Are you lost in information and doubt your parenting?
- Wonder why your toddler is having big feelings such as tantrums or meltdowns, can be really anxious and does not want to leave your side sometimes?
- Feel like a mean parent and fed up of saying no all the time?
- Wonder why they kick, hit or bite and you don’t know what to do sometimes?
- Want to learn more some calm and gentle techniques to enable secure attachments and manage big feelings?
- Want to Learn some Positive Discipline skills that you can take forward all their development?
If you said yes to any of the above, then the workshop is for you!
The Positive Parenting for Toddlers Workshop will cover the following:
- Common misconceptions about toddler behaviour and an explanation with some simple neuroscience
- How to build a strong and secure foundation for your toddler to thrive.
- The characteristics of “normal” development.
- Your toddler’s temperament and developing attachment style and how to work with it, not against it.
- Gentle and calm techniques to manage difficult situations and big feelings ( the different types of tantrums and other behaviours such as biting, hitting, throwing and Separation Anxiety)
- Confidence and more empowerment in trusting your instincts in order to tackle everyday challenges and set limits whilst maintaining your calm.
- The true purpose of play, the power of praise and how 10 minutes a day can promote self-regulation.
If you want less chaos, anger and second-guessing and more joy, love and fun, then book below.
For more information and bookings, click on the link:
Terms & Conditions: To secure a place, full payment is in advance, there are no refunds but tickets can be transferred for another party anytime. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only. Obviously weather can’t be guaranteed and if Yanley Court cancels at short notice, you will, of course, be given a FULL refund.